Residential Real Estate Services
AmTrust Title is here to protect your investment. Your first line of defense is an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance and an Insured Closing Protection Letter. Our team of experienced real estate title professionals will research all matters that might adversely affect the property.
Full-Service Residential Title Company
When you buy a new home, whether it’s a condo or single family home, you want confidence that your purchase is protected. At AmTrust Title, we offer a variety of residential real estate services:
- Property Searches We search land records in the county where the real property is located and report matters affecting the property. This is also the beginning step of providing title insurance to you and your lender. Property searches may be used as a resource to determine the condition of title prior to committing to a transaction.
- Owner’s Policies Home ownership is not just the American dream. It is, typically, the largest purchase you make in your lifetime. An Owner’s title insurance policy insures that the seller has the ability to convey clear title to you, the purchaser. Additionally, should a situation arise that was not disclosed in our search, we have an obligation to defend your interest. Litigation can be extremely costly. The only way to protect your investment from hidden or undisclosed matters of the past, is to insure your interest with an Owner’s title insurance policy.
- Loan Policies A loan policy insures that your lender has a valid, and enforceable, lien on your property. Most lenders require a borrower to purchase a loan policy to protect their interest and to ensure that there are no unknown defects (“clouds”) on title that might jeopardize their ability to recoup their money in the event of default or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Tax Searches We search the municipality and provide you with a complete and concise report of the tax status of the residential real estate property you are inquiring about.
- Survey Locate/Visual Inspection Services We may receive an existing survey of the property from the seller. If not, we will attempt to locate an existing survey for you. If we are able to locate a survey, we will send a field examiner to visually inspect the premises in order to ascertain whether or not any significant changes have occurred. If no prior survey is available, we will, as an accommodation, obtain survey quotes and assist in ordering a new survey.
- Leasehold Policies A leasehold title insurance policy protects the tenant/lender’s interest created by the lease. Covered matters include, but are not limited to, the following: 1. Insurance that the estate created by the lease is valid and binding against the landlord, 2. Insurance that there are no matters (“clouds”) on title that might impair the tenant/lender’s interest. Additionally, the leasehold policy provides the insured the duty of defense against such matters.
- Recording Services AmTrust Title recording professionals are well versed as to recording requirements throughout the country. If you need an instrument recorded or filed in a specific (or multiple) municipality(s), Amtrust’s local recording team can get it done promptly.
- Judgment and Lien Searches AmTrust Title recording professionals are well versed as to recording requirements throughout the country. If you need an instrument recorded or filed in a specific (or multiple) municipality(s), Amtrust’s local recording team can get it done promptly.
- Current Owner Searches An abbreviated form of search, also known as an “Ownership and Encumbrance Search”, is often useful to lenders and attorneys, in order to quickly check who the last owner of record is.
For residential real estate title insurance support, please contact our team now.Contact Us
Want to get a better idea of the cost? Check out our free and confidential online Rate Calculator now.Rate Calculator
For additional consumer information provided by the American Land Title Association visit Home Closing 101 by clicking the image below.